POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to off-topic? : Re: What happened to off-topic? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What happened to off-topic?
From: Ken
Date: 3 Jan 2001 00:34:07
Message: <3A52B9EC.577C3B2E@pacbell.net>
Bill Dewitt wrote:

>     No. His use of the word "Dimocrat" seems to be the triggering event, but
> the purported offence was his sigs which had been pretty much ignored for
> months before.

The sigs were never ignored. The intolerance towards them grew until they
could not be ignored any longer. I would go as far as to say the news admin.
has shown extrodinary tolerance and patience in the last two years.

> > Flame wars cannot and do not turn in infernos without someone
> > feeding or fanning the flames.
>
> POT has -never- had a flame war. Nothing even close.

Mostly true but things have been said that would better have been left
unsaid. Personal insults and bigotry being at the top of the list. You
don't need a flame war to act in a socially unacceptable manner.

I feel it is prudent to mention that p.o-t is not likely to return
until this topic fizzles out here in .general. We would really like
to get this behind us and move on.

--
Ken Tyler